Echols County, Georgia Electric Profile
Echols County’s average residential electricity rate is 12.70 cents per kilowatt hour, which is 5.59% less than the US average of 13.45 cents per kilowatt hour.
Echols County produces 6.13% of their required electricity and must purchase the remaining 93.87% from nearby counties.
Echols County has recently seen an increase in electricity generation from solar power of 100.00% year over year.
Echols County is home to over 4,006 citizens and generates 3,161 megawatt hours of electricity from solar sources, or 0.79 megawatt hour per capita. This ranks Echols County 251st out of 3220 counties in the United States for solar megawatt hours generated per person.
The largest electricity company in Echols County by number of customers is Georgia Power.
Customers in Echols County experience an average of 1.03 outages lasting 120.4 minutes per year, compared to the national averages of 1.21 outages at 122.99 minutes each.
Consumption per Capita
Production from Renewable Energy
Production per Capita
CO2 Emissions per Capita
Echols County consolidated government, GA Electric Overview
Echols County consolidated government averages a residential electricity rate of 12.70 cents per kilowatt hour paid by consumers within the city borders, which is 3.95% above the average Georgia price of 12.22 cents and 5.59% less than the US average of 13.45 cents. The average monthly residential power bill for a customer in the city is $135.53 per month, while the Georgia average is $133.76. Georgia Power is the largest electricity provider in the city based on total residential customers.
Emissions in Echols County consolidated government average 4,900.92 kilograms of CO2 emissions per resident due to electricity consumption, which ranks them as the 14th worst polluting city out of 625 cities in Georgia based on emissions per capita. This adds up to total emissions of 19,510,571.48 kilograms of CO2 emissions from electricity consumption, making the city 189th highest for total emissions in Georgia. In the city, there are no power generating plants so the city must depend on electricity generated outside of the city limits.
Residential Electricity Bills & Rates in Echols County consolidated government
Echols County consolidated government residential electric rates are highest in January and the highest average bill is in November.
Historical Electric Rates:
Electric Companies With Service in Echols County consolidated government, Georgia
Zips with electric coverage in Echols County consolidated government, Georgia include: 31636, 31648, 31631, 31630
Energy Production in Echols County, Georgia
Power Plants in Echols County, Georgia
|Plant||City/County||State||Primary Fuel Type||Production (MWh)||Emission (kg)||Emissions per MWh||Toxic Chemical Release||Closing Date|
Lowndes Tycor FarmsLowndes County GA S2, LLC (100.00%)
Echols County, Georgia Details
Echols County emits 4,600.28 kilograms of CO2 pollution per resident in the county from electricity consumption, which makes it the 130th worst polluting county out of 159 counties in Georgia and 1706th out of 3220 counties nationally. While not as telling of a statistic (more people almost always equals more pollution), the total emissions for the county from electricity consumption is 18,428,731.79 kilograms of CO2 emissions, which ranks as the 2624th highest in the nation. The county has one power generation plant within its borders. This is the 1432nd most plants within a county and the 343rd highest number of power plants per citizen, out of 3220 counties, in the nation. Echols County's top fuel consumed for electricity generation is Solar. They generate 3,161 megawatt hours from this fuel.
How many power plants are located in Echols County, Georgia?
Echols County, Georgia is home to one active power plant producing electricity for the county and other surrounding areas.
What electricity company is the largest provider in Echols County, Georgia?
By total customer count, Georgia Power is the largest electricity supplier in Echols County, Georgia.
How many electric companies offer service in Echols County, Georgia?
Echols County, Georgia has 2 electricity providers serving customers in the area.