Bibb County, Georgia Electricity Rates & Statistics
Electricity Rates, Plans & Statistics
Spike in Electricity Bill?
Get Solar for as low as $0 down and $79/mo
Bibb County, Georgia Electricity Overview
Bibb County is home to over 157,346 residents and generates 1,493 megawatt hours of electricity from solar sources, or 0.01 megawatt hour per capita. This ranks Bibb County 789th out of 3221 counties in the United States for solar megawatt hours produced per person.
Over 100.00% of Bibb County's electricity production comes from renewable sources, ranking Bibb County at 1600th in the nation for total sustainable electricity generation.
Renewable fuel usage for electricity generation has fallen by 24.82% during the course of the last 12 months in Bibb County.
Within the previous year, Bibb County experienced a 1.22% decline in CO2 emissions per capita.
Bibb County comes in as the 457th highest pollution level due to electricity consumption in the US and 16th worst in Georgia, releasing 758,792,596.97 kilograms of CO2 gases.
Bibb County generates 0.07% of their required electricity and must bring in the remaining 99.93% from neighboring counties.
Consumption per Capita
Production from Renewable Energy
Production per Capita
CO2 Emissions per Capita
Macon-Bibb County, GA Electricity Overview
Residents living in Macon-Bibb County are paying an average residential electricity rate of 13.70 cents per kilowatt hour, ranking the city at 374th out of 675 cities in the state. The city ranks 29th out of 675 cities in the state for renewable energy production per capita, with 0.01 megawatt hours being produced per person. The nationwide average monthly residential electric bill is $129.86, while the Macon-Bibb County average is 16.30% more at $151.03 per month.
Releasing 758,792,596.97 kilograms of CO2 emissions each year, Macon-Bibb County is the 4th highest out of 675 cities in the state for total pollution from electricity consumption. Perhaps a better measurement of pollution is the CO2 levels per citizen in the city, which amounts to 4,822.45 kilograms of CO2 emissions per person per year. This measurement ranks Macon-Bibb County as the 650th highest polluting city in Georgia. The city has 2 power plants, which is the 6th highest for a city in Georgia. When it comes to electricity generation, Macon-Bibb County's top fuel is Solar, accounting for 100.00% of production in the city.
Average Residential Electricity Bills & Rates in Macon-Bibb County
Macon-Bibb County residential electric rates are highest in January and the highest average bill is in February.
Historical Electricity Rates:
Electric Companies With Service in Macon-Bibb County, Georgia
|Provider||Service Type||Residential Rate (¢)||Residential Average Bill ($)||City Production (MWh)||Residential Sales (MWh)||Residential Revenues ($)|
|Central Georgia EMC||BUNDLED||10.48||130.89||820,697||86,028,000|
|Oconee Electric Membership Corporation||BUNDLED||13.14||150.84||144,650||19,003,700|
|Southern Rivers Energy||BUNDLED||12.87||158.48||278,816||35,885,000|
Zips with electric coverage in Macon-Bibb County, Georgia include: 31210, 31204, 31206, 31216, 31217, 31220, 31211, 31052, 31201, 31020, 31066 and 2 other zip code(s).
Go Solar for less than your cell phone bill.
Electricity Production in Bibb County, Georgia
Power Plants in Bibb County, Georgia
|Plant||City/County||State||Primary Fuel Type||Production (MWh)||Emission (kg)||Emissions per MWh||Toxic Chemical Release||Closing Date|
Bibb JonesWestbound Solar LLC (100.00%)
Bibb County, Georgia Details
As the 16th highest ranked county out of 159 counties in the state, Bibb County emits 758,792,596.97 kilograms of CO2 emissions from electricity use a year. More telling of the county's pollution reality is the per citizen CO2 emission amount. Currently that amount stands at 4,822.45 kilograms of CO2 emissions, which results in the county being the 101st ranked county in Georgia and 1626th nationally for CO2 emissions released per capita. Solar makes up 100.00% of the fuel used for electricity production in Bibb County. Bibb County has one electricity plant.
Which electricity company is the largest supplier in Bibb County, Georgia?
The largest electricity supplier in Bibb County, Georgia by total revenue is Georgia Power.
How many power plants are within Bibb County, Georgia?
There is one active electricity plant located in Bibb County, Georgia
How many electric companies offer service in Bibb County, Georgia?
There are 6 electricity companies offering service in Bibb County, Georgia.