Montgomery County, Iowa Electricity Rates & Statistics
Electricity Rates, Plans & Statistics
Power Bill Over $75?
Get Solar for as low as $0 down and $79/mo
Montgomery County, Iowa Electricity Overview
Montgomery County is ranked 24th out of 99 for worst polluting county in the state based on emissions per capita. The county emits 4,950.78 kilograms per person per year of CO2 gases.
Montgomery County has a population of 10,327 citizens.
Montgomery County is the 79th largest producer of electricity in the state out of 99 counties, producing 27 megawatt hours.
Villisca, Iowa Electric Utility is the largest provider in Montgomery County when calculated by megawatt hours sold.
Montgomery County has achieved a 15.62% decline in the usage of non-renewable fuels for electricity production throughout the last 12 months, which is an admirable effort.
Montgomery County produces 0.02% of their needed electricity and must bring in the remaining 99.98% from neighboring counties.
Consumption per Capita
Production from Non-Renewable Energy
Production per Capita
CO2 Emissions per Capita
Red Oak, IA Electricity Overview
For every citizen in the city there are 4,949.49 kilograms of CO2 pollution. This results in a total pollution amount of 27,598,338.94 kilograms of CO2 emissions. The city has no electricity producing plants within its borders.
Go Solar for as low as $79/mo - $0 down + flexible financing
Stanton, IA Electricity Overview
On average, citizens who call Stanton home are billed a residential electricity price of 10.32 cents per kilowatt hour. Thankfully for the inhabitants, this price is below both the state and the United States average prices of 13.12 and 15.34 cents per kilowatt hour, respectively. Stanton is the 427th largest city in the state, with a population of 601. Stanton, Iowa Electric Utility is the largest electricity supplier in the city based on megawatt hours sold.
For every citizen in the city there are 4,949.49 kilograms of CO2 pollution. This results in a total pollution amount of 2,974,641.63 kilograms of CO2 emissions. The city has no electricity producing plants within its borders.
Average Residential Electricity Bills & Rates in Stanton
Stanton residential electric rates are highest in January and the highest average bill is in July.
Historical Electricity Rates:
Electric Companies With Service in Stanton, Iowa
|Provider||Service Type||Residential Rate (¢)||Residential Average Bill ($)||City Production (MWh)||Residential Sales (MWh)||Residential Revenues ($)|
|Southwest Iowa REC||BUNDLED||12.38||130.35||71,354.35||8,832,711.48|
|Stanton, Iowa Electric Utility||BUNDLED||8.23||116.63||5,288.57||435,269.7|
Elliott, IA Electricity Overview
For every citizen in the city there are 4,949.49 kilograms of CO2 pollution. This results in a total pollution amount of 2,370,804.22 kilograms of CO2 emissions. The city has no electricity producing plants within its borders.
Electricity Production in Montgomery County, Iowa
Power Plants in Montgomery County, Iowa
|Plant||City/County||State||Primary Fuel Type||Production (MWh)||Emission (kg)||Emissions per MWh||Toxic Chemical Release||Closing Date|
Villisca Municipal Power PlantVillisca, Iowa Electric Utility (100.00%)
|Villisca||IA||Distillate Fuel Oil||27||21,187.74||784.73|
Montgomery County, Iowa Details
For every citizen in the county there are 4,950.78 kilograms of CO2 pollution from electricity consumption. This equals a total pollution amount from electricity use of 51,126,713.74 kilograms. Distillate Fuel Oil makes up 100.00% of the fuel used for electricity generation in Montgomery County. Montgomery County is home to one electricity plant.
Providers In Each City in Montgomery County:
- Grant, Iowa:
- Alliant Energy: 100.00%
- Stanton, Iowa:
- Southwest Iowa REC: 50.36%
- Stanton, Iowa Electric Utility: 49.64%
* City coverage generated based on government data. Always verify you can get service from the provider.
How many power plants are located within Montgomery County, Iowa?
Montgomery County, Iowa is home to one electricity plant producing electricity for the county and surrounding areas.
What electricity company is the largest supplier in Montgomery County, Iowa?
The largest electricity provider in Montgomery County, Iowa by megawatt hours sold is Villisca, Iowa Electric Utility.
How many electric companies offer service in Montgomery County, Iowa?
There are 3 electricity suppliers serving consumers in Montgomery County, Iowa.
What electricity companies offer service in Montgomery County, Iowa?
|County Customers Rank||Provider||Est. County Customers|
|1||Villisca, Iowa Electric Utility||725|
|2||Southwest Iowa REC||645|
|3||Stanton, Iowa Electric Utility||365|