Electricity Providers in Cicero, Illinois
Cicero has a total population of 85,268 residents—the 11th largest population in the state. Citizens in Cicero have multiple choices when deciding who to acquire their electricity from. Being a deregulated electricity market, the city invites private companies to compete for the business of their citizens. While options are a positive thing, sometimes it can be confusing because of the convoluted nature of the advertisements and marketing from the electricity suppliers. We are here to help weed out companies who don't have a track record and connect consumers to providers with good prices and respectable business practices.
In Cicero, you will have the service of both a utility company and a Retail Electric Provider (REP). The utility company retains the rights to the power lines and is in charge of the transmission of electricity (call your utility during if the power goes out), while the REP is your electricity provider whom you will buy your electricity from. Who your utility is is determined by where you are receiving service at, there is no choice to be made. However, you are able to choose your REP based on your preferences. It may be easy to fall into the analysis paralysis cycle, as there are 8 REPs operating in Cicero. Below is a list of some of the best suppliers offering residential and commercial electricity in the city, all of whom you can browse rates for in the Find Energy marketplace.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Just Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- SFE Energy
- Spark Energy
Cicero, IL Electricity Rates & Bills
Consumers being perplexed by an electricity rate advertised on a plan in Cicero happens all of the time. We make it our job to make things easy for you and only show plans that have simple rates and terms. We recommend that consumers look at the terms and conditions in advance of deciding to buy a plan. Terms and conditions documents have price and term information spelled out clearly for you to fully understand what to anticipate once you subscribe to a new plan.
See below for current price trends and historical rates that have been seen in Cicero.
Cicero, Illinois Electricity Price Trends
Cicero, IL Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Cicero, Illinois
- At present, the average residential electricity rate in Cicero is 15.00 cents per kilowatt-hour. The current average in Illinois is 13.34 cents and the countrywide average is 13.67 cents.
- The average residential monthly electricity bill in Cicero is $93.27, while the state average is $91.42 and the US average is 120.98
- The commercial electricity rates in Cicero presently average 10.53 cents per kilowatt-hour. The average for Illinois is 11.10 cents and for the country is 10.73 cents.
- Cicero businesses, on average, pay a monthly electricity bill of $1,472.67. The state of Illinois averages $383.47 per residence per month and the US average is 578.13 per month.
Cicero, IL Commercial Electricity
Obtaining an electricity plan for your business is a no-brainer. Even if electricity is not a large part of your monthly expenses, the small commitment it takes to find a more competitive electricity rate will probably end up being the best use of your time today when measuring how long it takes with increased profit. We have done our best to make this comparison process as straightforward and simple as possible. Helping to save you money and time. Taking a few percent off of your monthly bill can quickly amount to sizeable savings for your company. We are quite sure that your establishment will benefit from checking current available electricity rates with what you pay now, whether you are a a locally owned car wash or large manufacturers.
Our online marketplace highlights some of the most sensible pricing available in Cicero, making it rather easy for your establishment to reduce expenses. For businesses with substantial electricity consumption that results in a monthly bill of a few thousand dollars or more, the electricity service providers serving Cicero will compete for your business. A personalized electricity price often comes with significant long-term savings to the account holder. Don't throw away sizeable savings by losing out on the most value-driven electricity plans available in Cicero.
Find the best plan for your needs
The correct thing to do would be to check the best available prices in the deregulated market against the prices you're currently paying, specifically when you keep in mind the following:
- Your business may save thousands using a fixed-rate plan - Fixed rate plans help users lock in rates for significant amounts of time. They also allow your company to predict overheads without the worry of possible exponential price increases that are common with variable rate plans.
- Changing electricity companies will not result in a power interruption - If you secure a brand new plan, you simply get a bill with your new electricity provider's name on it. Your utility company does not change and power keeps flowing continuously.
- You'll save a lot of money without spending too much time - All you need to do is spend a few minutes submitting your information with Find Energy. After that is done, our team at Find Energy will take care of the heavy lifting. You will secure a brand new electricity plan and spend virtually no time.
- Zero calls to your existing provider required - There isn't any need for a “break up” call with your existing provider if you are not under contract. If you haven't signed a contract with an electricity provider, the entire switching process can be handled by our team at Find Energy. If you're not sure, however, our team can check that for you as well. If you are under contract, we may still be able to save you money, so submit your info!
- No commitment to make the switch - If you are underwhelmed by the plans you receive after entering your information, or if you change your mind for some other reason, know that there isn't any responsibility to move forward with the switching process. Just inform us that you have had a change of mind, and you will remain on with your existing service.
Find Energy is dedicated to finding you the lowest electricity prices in Cicero. To get started, all you have to do is simply enter your zip code on this page and answer the following questions. After this short and thorough process, you will see your establishment's electricity bills decrease by as much as 15% to 25%.
Cicero, IL's Utility Company is Commonwealth Edison
Commonwealth Edison is in charge of providing electric utility services to your city. Losing electricity in your area can be distressing. Be sure to call your utility company to report any power outages. In case of a power outage, you can get a hold of Commonwealth Edison at (800) 334-7661, or you can report a blackout over the internet on website.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Cicero, IL