Electricity Providers in Columbia, Illinois
Approximately 10,999 citizens call Columbia home. With a deregulated electricity market Columbia citizens have decisions to make when it comes to who sells them their electricity. Although, when dollars are up for grabs it is not surprising to find that many providers attempt to confuse consumers with slyly worded rate terms that lock customers into more expensive rates than what they are expecting to spend. We created the Find Energy marketplace to help consumers easily find an electricity plan that actually takes care of their needs.
In Columbia, you will need the service of both a utility company and a Retail Electric Provider (REP). The utility company is in charge of the transmission of electricity and retains the rights to the power lines), while the REP is your electricity supplier whom you will purchase your electricity from. The utility that owns or manages the electricity lines that connect to your business or home will be the only option for a utility company, but you can make a decision on your REP based on rates or other factors. Consumers may decide between 8 REPs who sell electricity service in Columbia. Below you can look over a list of our favorite companies who provide electricity in Columbia.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Just Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- SFE Energy
- Spark Energy
Columbia, IL Electricity Rates & Bills
Electricity prices are not always straightforward on electricity plans in Columbia. We pride ourselves on having a marketplace of plans with terms and conditions that are straightforward. We highly recommend taking a good look at the terms and conditions on any plan before purchasing it. Reviewing the terms and conditions document is an important part of the buying process. So we make it simple to do for all plans we show.
Columbia's electricity rates change. You can access trends below.
Columbia, Illinois Electricity Price Trends
Columbia, IL Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Columbia, Illinois
- The residential electricity rates in Columbia are at present 14.02 cents per kilowatt-hour. The, while the state average is 13.34 and the nationwide average is 13.67.
- Columbia citizens, on average, pay a monthly electricity bill of $98.92. The state of Illinois averages $91.42 per residence per month and the countrywide average is 120.98 per month.
- Columbia's average commercial electricity rate is 9.97 cents per kilowatt-hour. The Illinois average is 11.10 cents and the US average is 10.73 cents.
- Columbia businesses spend an average monthly commercial electricity bill of $1,716.51. In Illinois, businesses as a whole pay $383.47 per month and the US average is 578.13.
Columbia, IL Commercial Electricity
Don't cost your business money by not shopping around in our business marketplace comparison tool. Find Energy takes care of hard stuff! Our comparison experience is designed to be quick and painless. Procuring an electricity plan with a slightly lower rate can add up to your business keeping substantially more of its hard earned money than it is currently. Regardless of whether you are a paper plants or a locally owned doctor's office, you can take advantage of some of the most sensible pricing offered by electricity suppliers trying to outdo each other for your business.
Our team has created a list of some of the most competitive commercial electricity plans in the area. For businesses with higher electricity consumption that results in a monthly bill of a few thousand dollars or more, the electricity companies serving Columbia will compete for your business. Custom electricity prices allow businesses to realize sizeable savings, and lock in very competitive rates for the long term. With more than a few actionable strategies for a company to save, anybody not taking advantage of the deregulated market in Columbia is certainly leaving money on the table.
Find the best plan for your needs
Just keep in mind the following facts when determining whether looking into deregulated rates in Columbia is a use of energy:
- Your organization could save thousands by subscribing to a fixed-rate plan - Fixed rate plans enable consumers secure rates for extended periods of time. They also allow your business to predict overheads with zero worries of possible exponential price increases that come with variable rate plans.
- No service interruptions during the switching process - If you lock in a new plan, you just get a bill with your new electricity supplier's name on it. Your utility company does not change and electricity keeps flowing continuously.
- The entire changing process only takes a few minutes - Just submit your information and let us do the the heavy lifting! We'll find you with the best plans for your company and help you make an informed decision on which plan is right for your company.
- Find Energy will take charge of the transition - Our team handles the entire transition if you are not under contract. After submitting your information, the only thing you need to do is to let us help you choose the best available deal for your business. You will enjoy a reduced electricity bill in no time. And even if you are under contract, our staff at Find Energy can still assist you in finding and switching to a more attractive pricing plan.
- No commitment to make the switch - If you are underwhelmed by the rates you receive after entering your information, or if you change your mind for some other reason, know that there is no responsibility on your part to move forward with the transition. Just let us know that you have changed your mind, and you will remain on with your current plan.
If you're ready for your company to start saving on electricity expenses immediately, all you have to do is type in your zip code on this page and answer these few simple questions. Find Energy will start sending you the lowest electricity prices right away! In our experience, most businesses who purchase through our website can save between 15% and 25% on their monthly bill.
Columbia, IL's Utility Company is Versant Power
Columbia's chief electric utility company is Versant Power. People must take note of this because this is the number you must reach out to in case of a power interruption. In case of an electricity outage, you can get a hold of Versant Power at (207) 973-2000, or you can report a blackout via the internet using website.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Columbia, IL