Electricity Providers in Freeport, Illinois
Approximately 23,973 residents regard Freeport as home, which makes the city the 99th largest city by population in Illinois.
There’s an extremely competitive deregulated electricity market in Freeport, with electricity suppliers vying for consumers. This competition results in attractive power plans and cheaper rates per kWh for residents in the Freeport area. There are times that this fierce competition is sufficient to embolden predatory energy suppliers to use questionable marketing tactics in order to lure unsuspecting consumers.
It’s for this particular reason that we created FindEnergy.com—to help you steer clear of these dishonest electricity suppliers that don’t deserve your money. There are many different energy providers that operate in Freeport, and we have already done the necessary research on them, so you can purchase a new energy plan with confidence. Using our online marketplace, you can rest assured that you are getting the most compelling power plans from only the most reliable electricity providers in your area.
Fill in your zip code to get the ball rolling. View some of our most reliable suppliers in Freeport below.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Just Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- SFE Energy
- Spark Energy
Freeport, IL Residential Electricity Rates
If you’re living in Freeport, the average cost of residential electricity is 15.00 cents per kWh. On the other hand: Illinois’s current average electricity rate is priced at 13.34 cents for every kilowatt-hour, and the current nationwide average electricity rate is priced at 13.67 cents for every kilowatt-hour.
Freeport, Illinois consumers receive a monthly electricity bill of $93.27 on average. Present state and national monthly electricity bills average $91.42 and $120.98 respectively.
Energy use is predominantly indicated in kWh, and your electricity bill may be different depending on how many kilowatt-hours of power you use. This tends to puzzle many energy users, as not everybody has a firm grasp on things like—kilowatt-hour consumption, individual electricity tendencies, plan-specific terms, etc.
To help bring clarity to our users, we have a TOS with every plan we show in our marketplace. You can find out useful information about your electricity plan in the Terms of Service (TOS). Reading the Terms of Service will enable you to make an apples-to-apples comparison between your electricity plan and the various electricity plans from different energy companies.
You can consult our marketplace to easily review the TOS highlights of the many different electricity offerings from the various electricity companies in your area. Our team at Find Energy has made available essential energy information on our online marketplace, including the conditions, terms, and prices of the most compelling electricity plans in your area.
Your new electricity plan is underway—fill in your zip code. Our team at Find Energy is focused on helping you buy the best residential energy plans in the Freeport area.
While there are quite a few residential electricity plans available to consumers residing in Freeport, Illinois, here’s a list of the best ones.
Freeport, Illinois Residential Electricity Plans
Freeport, IL Commercial Electricity Rates
10.53 cents for every kilowatt-hour is the rate of business electricity in Freeport, Illinois. To put it into perspective, the statewide average is currently at 11.10 cents per kWh, and the nationwide average is presently at 10.73 cents for every kWh.
If you’re doing business in Freeport, you will be paying $1,472.67 for your electricity every month, on average. Meanwhile: the state of Illinois’s monthly electricity bill averages $383.47, and the current national monthly electricity bill averages $578.13.
Substantial quantities of electricity are needed to run most types of businesses. Electricity bills for businesses average out to be 12x higher than residential properties. Securing a reduced electricity rate is simply good business. Even small decreases in the price a company pays per kilowatt hour can have sizable impacts on the monthly and yearly overhead for a company.
Find Energy can request customized quotes for your company if you consistently rack up an electricity bill of more than $3,000.
FindEnergy.com estimates that most businesses that purchase through our marketplace can reduce their bill by 15% to 25%.
If you're a resident of Freeport, Illinois, you can buy the best commercial electricity rates through FindEnergy.com. Enjoy a more cost-effective commercial electricity plan in under 2 minutes—enter your zip code.
If you're shopping for a new business electricity plan, you might want to view the list below as it features some of the most attractive rates in Freeport, Illinois.
Freeport, Illinois Commercial Electricity Plans
Looking into the deregulated electricity rates in Freeport is perfectly reasonable, especially when keeping in mind the following facts:
- Fixed-rate plans may create savings for years to come - We work almost exclusively with fixed rate plans. If electricity prices are currently trending upwards, then locking in the lowest possible rates may be one of the most crucial business moves you make this week.
- Switching electricity providers won't result in any service interruption - When you choose a new plan, you simply get a bill with your new provider's name on it. Your utility company doesn't change and power never stops flowing continuously.
- Fast, easy, and hassle-free - Our purchasing process was specifically created to be quick and efficient for consumers. Just fill out your information. After that, we'll take over and handle the hard parts. We'll make sure to find your establishment the best rates on the market.
- Find Energy will handle the transition - There is no need to get in touch your current provider if you are not under contract. In most cases, this is just as true even if you are in contract. Find Energy handles the communication with the electricity companies. At the end of the day, we will present you with the best deals currently available in Freeport.
- Look into new rates with zero obligation - If you dislike the plans you get after submitting your information, or if you change your mind for some other reason, know that there is no obligation to proceed with the switching process. Simply inform us that you have changed your mind, and you will remain on with your existing service.
The Find Energy website makes the entire process convenient. All you got to do is just type in your zip code on this page and answer a few easy questions. These will enable us to get started on our search for the best priced services for your company!
Freeport, IL Utility Company
Commonwealth Edison is charged with distributing electricity in Freeport. In case of a power failure, report the event or any other concerns to Commonwealth Edison.
Freeport, Illinois Electricity Rates Over Time
Find the best plan for your needs
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Freeport, IL