Electricity Providers in Mokena, Illinois
Mokena is home to 19,887 people and covers 8.68 square miles. It is the 124th largest city in the state of Illinois by population and 144th largest by land area. The residents of Mokena have many choices for procuring electricity. The deregulated electricity market allows for private companies to compete for the business of the area's population. Sometimes, however, having the ability to shop around has unwanted repercussions, such as convoluted advertising from the electricity providers. We are here to help weed out companies without a proven track record and connect consumers to providers with good prices and quality business practices.
In a deregulated market a consumer receives service from a Retail Electric Provider (REP) and a utility company. The REP sells the consumer their electricity and the utility will handle the conveyance of the electricity. Consumers do not have a choice in their utility company, the purpose of a deregulated market is to give plenty of choices when it comes to purchasing their electricity from an REP. Mokena citizens have 8 REPs to choose between for buying electricity. Below is a quick list of some of the best providers offering residential and commercial electricity in the city, all of which you can browse plans for in the Find Energy marketplace.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Just Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- SFE Energy
- Spark Energy
Mokena, IL Electricity Rates & Bills
Electricity rate information for plans marketed in Mokena can be unclear and sometimes even deceiving. We have created a selection of clearly spelled out plans in our marketplace, accessing those plans is as easy as entering your zip code above. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any plan you are subscribing to. You can locate electricity rate and plan terms in the terms and conditions document to simply explain what to look for from your new plan.
See below for rate tendencies and historical pricing patterns.
Mokena, Illinois Electricity Price Trends
Mokena, IL Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Mokena, Illinois
- The residential electricity rates in Mokena at present average 15.00 cents per kilowatt-hour. The average for the state of Illinois is 13.34 cents and for the entire country is 13.67 cents.
- Mokena citizens, on average, pay a monthly electricity bill of $93.27. The state of Illinois averages $91.42 per home per month and the national average is 120.98 per month.
- The average price per kilowatt-hour for commercial electricity in Mokena is 10.53 cents, while the Illinois average is 11.10 cents and the nationwide average is 10.73 cents.
- Mokena businesses average a monthly commercial electricity expensel of $1,472.67. The average in Illinois is $383.47 per month and the average in the country is 578.13.
Mokena, IL Commercial Electricity
With the ability to significantly save on your electricity bill just moments away, don't leave your business in a disadvantaged position with higher than necessary bills. The process of switching suppliers can appear daunting at first, we've gone out of our way to create a process that is seamless and as easy as possible for businesses. Find Energy handles the heavy lifting! Getting a rate that is lower by just a few percentage points on your electricity plan for your business can result in saving thousands of dollars a year. All sorts of organizations, from locally owned coffee shops to cement factories , should be trying to take advantage of the chance to check their current electricity rate with what is available on the market.
Find Energy showcases some of the most sensible rates available in Mokena, making it possible for your business to reduce overhead. If your establishment has a substantial enough monthly electricity bill that amounts to a few thousand dollars or more, we can request a custom rate from every electricity company in Mokena. It is your business that saves the most money when electricity companies try to outbid each other in giving you the lowest rate possible. Don't miss out on substantial savings by not taking a few minutes to see whether there is a more compelling electricity price out there for your organization.
Find the best plan for your needs
There's zero risk in comparing the currently available deregulated market rates against the rate you're usually paying, especially when you keep in mind the following points:
- Fixed-rate plans result in no surprises - Fixed rate plans empower consumers lock in rates for extended periods of time. They also empower your establishment to predict overheads with zero worries of potential exponential price increases that are common with variable rate plans.
- Your electricity service won't be cut off during the switching process - There is no need to worry about a temporary disruption in electricity when switching providers because your utility company will not stop service. You will simply see is the lower number on your new monthly bill!
- Changing electricity companies only takes a few minutes of your time - Just submit your information and let us do the rest! We'll provide you with the most attractive plans for your business and help you through the decision-making process.
- We will handle the entire switching process - For businesses not currently in a contract with an electric provider, there is no need to wait on hold. Our team can easily take over and take care of the switching process for you. If you are under contract, or are not sure, we can likely we will still be able to save you money.
- Free quotations and no obligation - There is absolutely no obligation to commit to a plan if you aren't convinced with the quotes you receive. We've done our best to make this process as risk free as we can for users. Shop. See your options. Make the switch only if it makes perfect sense. It's really that straightforward!
To start saving on your monthly electricity bill, the easiest way is to get the process rolling as soon as possible. All you need to do is to type in your zip code on the page above and answer a few simple questions. Your answers will make it easy for us to lock in the best deals for your company. In our experience, most businesses who purchase through our marketplace will save between 15% and 25% on their monthly bill.
Mokena, IL's Utility Company is Commonwealth Edison
The biggest electric utility company responsible for supplying electricity to your area is Commonwealth Edison. Residents must be aware of this as this is who you must get in touch with in the event of an electrical outage. Get a hold of Commonwealth Edison directly at (800) 334-7661, or report a blackout using website.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Mokena, IL