Electricity Providers in Rockford, Illinois
Rockford encompasses approximately 65.92 square miles in Winnebago County, IL. This size makes the city the 3rd largest city in the state of Illinois by area. Deregulated electricity markets provide consumers the opportunity to shop the plans of multiple electricity companies. Rockford's electricity market is a deregulated one. Deregulated electricity markets can often lead to unreliable providers trying to attract your business with faulty promises or confusing plan terms. We created this website to help consumers cut through the clutter and find an electricity plan that actually aligns with their needs.
In a deregulated market, a Retail Electric Provider (REP) handles the purchasing or generation of electricity for the customer and a utility company handles the transmission of electricity. Utility companies have per-determined service areas and customers are not able to pick which one provides them service. Nevertheless, consumers are able to pick between the available REPs in their county when it comes to the procuring of electricity. Rockford has 8 REPs serving the area. This can be an exhausting number for any consumer. We've assembled a list of some of the most reliable providers who sell electricity in the Rockford area.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Just Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- SFE Energy
- Spark Energy
Rockford, IL Electricity Rates & Bills
Being confused by an electricity rate on a plan in Rockford is a regular occurrence. Our electricity marketplace shows plenty of plans from suppliers who advertise easy to understand terms. Reading the information in the terms and conditions is essential prior to you purchasing a plan. It is imperative that you do not buy electricity plans without first seeing the terms and conditions document to fully grasp what you should look for from the plan.
Electricity rate trends in Rockford can be seen below.
Rockford, Illinois Electricity Price Trends
Rockford, IL Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Rockford, Illinois
- The residential electricity rates in Rockford are presently 15.00 cents per kilowatt-hour. The, while the state average is 13.34 and the nationwide average is 13.67.
- The average residential monthly electricity bill in Rockford is $93.27, while the state average is $91.42 and the countrywide average is 120.98
- The average price per kilowatt-hour for commercial electricity in Rockford is 10.53 cents, while the state average is 11.10 cents and the US average is 10.73 cents.
- Rockford businesses average a monthly commercial electricity expensel of $1,472.67. The average in Illinois is $383.47 per month and the average in the US is 578.13 per month.
Rockford, IL Commercial Electricity
A majority of businesses use a notable amount of electricity to deliver their product or service, so making sure you obtain an aggressively priced electricity plan can make a major affect on your business expenses. Business managers and owners can commit a minimal amount of time to begin the comparison process and our team can handle the hard stuff! Business owners should realize that even small decreases to the rate you pay per kilowatt-hour can result in major effects on your bottom line. Both large and small organizations may benefit greatly by confirming that they are receiving access to the cheapest electricity rate available.
Find Energy showcases some of the most sensible electricity prices available so that our business users know they are buying the lowest rate available. For certain sized businesses with monthly electricity expenses above $3000, we can get the electricity service providers in Rockford to compete for your business. A custom electricity rate often offers massive long-term savings to the consumer. A lot of companies leave money on the table by not taking a few short minutes to see if alternative rates are better than the prices they are now paying.
Find the best plan for your needs
Keep in mind the following facts if you're still undecided about looking into a new business electricity plan:
- Fixed-rate plans can lock in savings for years to come - Fixed rate plans allow consumers secure rates for significant amounts of time. They also enable your company to predict overheads without the worry of possible massive price increases that are common with variable rate plans.
- The switching process is seamless with no service interruptions - Your company will not experience any electricity service outages at any time during the changeover. In fact, the only change you will notice is the much lower charge on your new bill!
- Changing your company only takes a couple of minutes of your time - Just submit your information and we'll do the everything else! We'll provide you with the most attractive plans for your company and help you through the decision-making process.
- Our staff will handle the transition - For companies who are not under contract with a supplier, there is no need to sit on hold. Find Energy can easily take charge and handle the switching process on your behalf. Even if you are under contract, or are not sure if you are, it is very likely we can save you money.
- Zero commitment to sign with a new plan - If you are displeased with the plans you receive after entering your information, or if you change your mind for some other reason, know that there is no responsibility on your part to proceed with the switching process. Simply let us know that you have had a change of mind, and you will continue on with your existing service.
If you're ready for your business to start cutting back on electricity expenses asap, then type in your zip code on this page and answer these few simple questions. Find Energy will start sending you the best plans almost immediately! Most establishments can save anywhere between 15% and 25% on their monthly electricity bill after locking in a new rate through Find Energy.
Rockford, IL's Utility Company is Commonwealth Edison
The primary utility company responsible for providing power to Rockford is Commonwealth Edison. In the event of an electrical interruption, this is the number you must get a hold of. In case of an electricity interruption, you can reach out to Commonwealth Edison at (800) 334-7661, or you can report a blackout via the internet through website.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Rockford, IL