Suffolk city, Virginia Electricity Rates & Statistics
Electricity Rates, Plans & Statistics
Electricity Bill Over $75?
Go Solar for less than your cell phone bill
Suffolk city, Virginia Electricity Overview
The usage of renewable fuels for electricity production in Suffolk city rose by 21.06% last year.
Suffolk city released 427,763,494.18 kilograms of CO2 gases from electricity consumption, which makes them the 24th highest polluting county out of 133 counties in Virginia.
Suffolk city ranks 31st out of 133 counties in the state for solar electricity production per capita, averaging 0.35 megawatt hours generated per person each year.
Suffolk city generates 2.56% of their needed electricity and must purchase the remaining 97.44% from nearby counties.
With a population of 94,324 citizens, Suffolk city is the 643rd most populated county in the United States.
With total generation of 35,772 megawatt hours, Suffolk city is the 51st largest generator of electricity in the state out of 133 counties.
Consumption per Capita
Production from Renewable Energy
Production per Capita
CO2 Emissions per Capita
Suffolk, VA Electricity Overview
Suffolk's average residential electricity rate per kilowatt hour is 12.43 cents per kilowatt hour, ranking the city at 286th out of 676 cities in Virginia. With an estimated 56,835 residential customers, Dominion Energy is the largest electricity supplier in the city. The city is ranked 15th in Virginia in total electricity generated from power generating plants within its borders, with 35,772 megawatt hours produced.
Suffolk has 2 power generation plants, which is the 4th most for a city in the state. The city is the 11th worst ranked city in the state out of 676 when it comes to total pollution from electricity use, with the city releasing 427,763,494.18 kilograms of CO2 emissions. The city also ranks 664th highest in Virginia in pollution per capita, averaging 4,535.04 kilograms of CO2 emissions emissions per citizen. When considering electricity generation, Suffolk's primary fuel type is Solar, accounting for 90.99% of production in the city.
Average Residential Electricity Bills & Rates in Suffolk
Suffolk residential electric rates are highest in January and the highest average bill is in October.
Historical Electricity Rates:
Electric Companies With Service in Suffolk, Virginia
|Provider||Service Type||Residential Rate (¢)||Residential Average Bill ($)||City Production (MWh)||Residential Sales (MWh)||Residential Revenues ($)|
|Community Electric Coop||BUNDLED||12.24||171.14||158,112.14||19,348,055.96|
|Franklin, Virginia Electric Utility||BUNDLED||13.34||147.25||62,103.42||8,285,398.65|
|Strategic Energy LLC||ENERGY|
|Texas Retail Energy||ENERGY|
Zips with electric coverage in Suffolk, Virginia include: 23434, 23321, 23435, 23437, 23438, 23432, 23433, 23436
Reduce or replace your electricity bill with solar for as low as $0 down and $79/mo
Electricity Production in Suffolk city, Virginia
Power Plants in Suffolk city, Virginia
|Plant||City/County||State||Primary Fuel Type||Production (MWh)||Emission (kg)||Emissions per MWh||Toxic Chemical Release||Closing Date|
TWE Myrtle Solar Farm, LLCDominion Energy (100.00%)
Mas Suffolk RNG, LLCSuffolk Energy Partners LP (100.00%)
Suffolk city, Virginia Details
Suffolk city has 2 power generation plants, which is 19th most in Virginia. The county's electricity use results in CO2 pollution totaling 427,763,494.18 kilograms, which is the 700th highest of any county in the US. Averaging 4,535.04 kilograms of CO2 emissions per capita, the county ranks 1855th highest for pollution per capita. Suffolk city's power plants most often use Solar, which accounts for 32,550 megawatt hours (or 90.99%) of the fuel types used for electricity generation in the county.
What electricity company is the largest provider in Suffolk city, Virginia?
The largest electricity supplier in Suffolk city, Virginia by megawatt hours sold is Dominion Energy.
How many electric companies offer service in Suffolk city, Virginia?
There are 5 electricity companies operating in Suffolk city, Virginia.
How many power plants are in Suffolk city, Virginia?
There are 2 electricity plants located in Suffolk city, Virginia