Electricity Providers in Carbondale, Illinois
With 21,857 citizens, Carbondale is the 110th most populous city in the state of Illinois. When procuring electricity, Carbondale residents have choices to make. The area operates as a deregulated electricity market, meaning private providers compete for the business of the area's residents. A majority of people view the ability to have a choice in who their electricity supplier is as a great thing, but that doesn't mean it is always easy. Misleading marketing messages and confusing plan terms abound in deregulated electricity markets. This is where we step up. Our website was created to help consumers compare electricity plans easily.
In a deregulated market a consumer receives service from a Retail Electric Provider (REP) and a utility company. The REP is who the consumer will purchase their electricity from and the utility will handle the delivery of the electricity. Customers can choose their REP, but there is only one choice for the utility company as it is based on who owns the electricity infrastructure that serve your property. There are presently 8 REPs reportedly serving the Carbondale area. This can be an exhausting number for any consumer. We've put together a list of some of the top rated companies who supply electricity in the Carbondale area.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Just Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- SFE Energy
- Spark Energy
Carbondale, IL Electricity Rates & Bills
Understanding the plans advertised by retail electricity providers in Carbondale can be somewhat challenging. We've made it a goal to feature plans in our marketplace with easy to understand rates and terms so that you can choose them confidently. We highly recommend that customers look at the terms and conditions before deciding to buy a plan. The terms and conditions document has helpful details, like rate details and what you can expect to pay when you consider your actual usage.
Below we have put together the latest electricity rate patterns for Carbondale.
Carbondale, Illinois Electricity Price Trends
Carbondale, IL Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Carbondale, Illinois
- Carbondale's current average residential electricity price is 13.97 cents per kilowatt-hour. For comparison, the Illinois state average is 13.34 cents and the US average is 13.67 cents.
- Carbondale's average monthly residential electricity bill is $98.75. The average for the state of Illinois is $91.42 and for the US is 120.98.
- Commercial rates in the city at presentaverage 9.95 cents per kilowatt-hour, compared to 11.10 cents for the state average and 10.73 cents for the national average.
- Carbondale's average monthly commercial electricity bill is $1,696.17. The average for Illinois is $383.47 and for the US is 578.13.
Carbondale, IL Commercial Electricity
Don't cost your company money by not shopping around in our business marketplace comparison tool. Business managers and owners can spend a minimal amount of time to start the comparison process and our team can take care of the time intensive parts! Taking a few percent off of your electric bill can quickly amount to substantial savings for your establishment. Regardless if you are electricity intensive agricultural operations or a small pet groomer, we can assure you that there is money to be saved on your monthly electricity expenses.
Our online marketplace highlights some of the most competitive plans available in Carbondale, making it rather easy for your business to save money. For establishment with higher electricity consumption that amounts to a monthly bill of a few thousand dollars or more, the electricity suppliers serving Carbondale will bid for your business. Personalized pricing allows you to receive the lowest rate available for your business. A good number of organizations end up spending more than they should on their monthly electricity expenses just because they don't bother to look into lower electricity plans available in the deregulated market.
Find the best plan for your needs
Consider the following facts when determining whether shopping for a personalized business electricity plan is worth your energy:
- Fixed-rate plans result in no surprises - Locking in a low fixed rate empowers companies to save now and project their annual electricity bills with a high level of certainty.
- There is no disruption of electricity service when you switch to plan - No service disruptions will happen while switching providers. Your customers and employees will not see any changes during the switching process.
- The whole changing process only takes a few minutes - Our purchasing process specifically designed to be straightforward and painless for consumers. Simply submit your information. Once accomplished, we'll take over and handle the rest of the process. Our goal is to make sure we get your establishment the most attractive plans on the market.
- No need to inform your existing provider - Find Energy handles the entire transition if you are not under contract. Once you fill out your information, the only thing you need to do is to allow Find Energy to help you lock in the most attractive deal for your business. You will see a lower electricity bill in no time. And even if you are under contract, we can still help you find and switch to a lower pricing plan.
- Free quotations without obligation - There is zero obligation to commit to a plan if you aren't impressed with the quotes you receive. We've done our best to make this process as safe as possible for users. Shop. Review your options. Make the switch if it makes sense. It's really that straightforward!
To start saving on your electricity bill, the fastest way is to get the process started right now. All you would have to do is to type in your zip code on the page above and answer a few simple questions. Your information will make it possible for us to find the lowest electricity rates for your organization. After using Find Energy to lock in your new rate, you could see your business' monthly electricity bills decrease by as much as 15% to 25%.
Carbondale, IL's Utility Company is Versant Power
Versant Power is the primary electric utility company in your area. In case of an electrical outage, this would be the company to get in touch with. Get in touch with Versant Power directly at (207) 973-2000, or report a power outage on website.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Carbondale, IL