Schoolcraft County, Michigan Electricity Rates & Statistics
Electricity Rates, Plans & Statistics
High Electricity Bills?
Go Solar for less than your cell phone bill
Schoolcraft County, Michigan Electricity Overview
While many counties attempt to reduce non-renewable fuel sources, Schoolcraft County's burning of non-renewable fuel sources in their power plants has increased by 109.82% over the course of the last year.
The average monthly residential electric cost in Schoolcraft County is 17.15% lower than the state average monthly residential bill.
Schoolcraft County is home to 8,047 people and its power generation plants generate 812 megawatt hours of electricity a year, for a production per capita average of 0.1 megawatt hours per capita per year.
Schoolcraft County generates 1.01% of their needed electricity and must bring in the remaining 98.99% from neighboring counties.
Cloverland Electric is the largest electricity supplier in Schoolcraft County when calculated by megawatt hours sold.
Schoolcraft County is the 1922nd highest generator of electricity in the nation out of 3221 counties, producing 812 megawatt hours.
Consumption per Capita
Production from Non-Renewable Energy
Production per Capita
CO2 Emissions per Capita
Manistique, MI Electricity Overview
On average, Manistique's residential electricity rate is 13.14 cents per kilowatt hour. Luckily, this is 25.51% below the state's average rate of 17.64 cents. The city is the 39th highest producer out of 746 cities in Michigan, averaging 0.29 megawatt hours produced per citizen. Power plants in the city produce, on average, 0.29 megawatt hours per person from non-renewable fuel types.
Emitting 14,347,136.75 kilograms of CO2 emissions, Manistique ranks 245th worst out of 746 cities in Michigan for total pollution from electricity use. This total equates to 5,073.24 kilograms of CO2 emissions per citizen, ranking the city 13th worst in Michigan for emissions per capita from electricity use. The city has one electricity producing plant in the city. For electricity production purposes, Manistique's main fuel source is Distillate Fuel Oil, accounting for 812 megawatt hours, or 100.00% of production in the city.
Average Residential Electricity Bills & Rates in Manistique
Manistique residential electric rates are highest in January and the highest average bill is in February.
Historical Electricity Rates:
Electric Companies With Service in Manistique, Michigan
Go Solar for as low as $0 down and $79/mo
Electricity Production in Schoolcraft County, Michigan
Power Plants in Schoolcraft County, Michigan
|Plant||City/County||State||Primary Fuel Type||Production (MWh)||Emission (kg)||Emissions per MWh||Toxic Chemical Release||Closing Date|
ManistiqueCloverland Electric (100.00%)
|Manistique||MI||Distillate Fuel Oil||812||778,538.25||958.79|
Schoolcraft County, Michigan Details
Coming in as the 2362nd worst ranked county in the US, Schoolcraft County releases 40,127,655.63 kilograms of CO2 emissions from electricity use each year. Averaging 4,986.66 kilograms of CO2 emissions per citizen, the county ranks 1480th worst for emissions per capita. The county is home to one power plant. Schoolcraft County's primary fuel source is Distillate Fuel Oil, with 100.00% of electricity production using this fuel type.
Which electricity company is the largest provider in Schoolcraft County, Michigan?
By total megawatt hours sold, Cloverland Electric is the largest electricity supplier in Schoolcraft County, Michigan.
How many electric companies offer service in Schoolcraft County, Michigan?
Schoolcraft County, Michigan has 5 electricity companies operating in the area.
How many power plants are located within Schoolcraft County, Michigan?
Schoolcraft County, Michigan is home to one active power plant producing electricity for the county and surrounding areas.