Alexandria city, Virginia Electricity Rates & Statistics
Electricity Rates, Plans & Statistics
Spike in Electricity Bill?
Reduce or replace your electricity bill with solar for as low as $0 down and $79/mo
Alexandria city, Virginia Electricity Overview
When comparing annual CO2 emissions per capita, Alexandria city saw a 0.62% rise throughout the previous year.
Alexandria city generates 6.26% of their required electricity and must bring in the remaining 93.74% from neighboring counties.
Alexandria city generates 55.00% of their electricity from non-renewable fuel types. This equates to 0.51 megawatt hours per citizen and places Alexandria city as the 29th highest county out of 133 counties in Virginia for non-renewable production per capita per year.
Non-renewable sources are used in the production of 55.00% of the megawatt hours produced in Alexandria city, ranking it 26th in Virginia out of 133 counties for total megawatt hours generated from non-renewable fuel sources.
While the national average residential electricity rate is 14.46 cents per kilowatt hour, Alexandria city's average rate is 12.80% lower than at 12.61 cents per kilowatt hour.
Releasing 996,124,182.1 kilograms of CO2 gases, Alexandria city has the 352nd worst pollution level from electricity use of any county in the United States and 11th highest in Virginia.
Consumption per Capita
Production from Renewable Energy
Production from Non-Renewable Energy
Production per Capita
CO2 Emissions per Capita
Alexandria, VA Electricity Overview
Alexandria's average residential electricity rate per kilowatt hour is 12.61 cents per kilowatt hour, which is 0.80% lower than Virginia's average rate of 12.71 cents and 12.80% less than the US average of 14.46 cents. Dominion Energy is the largest electricity provider in the city based on megawatt hours sold. Generation from non-renewable fuel sources accounts for 0.51 megawatt hours per person in the city
Emissions in Alexandria average 6,246.59 kilograms of CO2 emissions per resident due to electricity use, which ranks them as the 6th worst polluting city out of 676 cities in Virginia based on emissions per capita. While not as telling of a statistic (more people almost always equals more pollution), the total emissions of the city from electricity consumption is 996,124,182.1 kilograms of CO2 emissions, which ranks as the 6th largest emissions amount in Virginia. Roughly 55.00% of Alexandria's electricity is generated using Non-biogenic Municipal Solid Waste. Alexandria is home to one electricity producing plant.
Average Residential Electricity Bills & Rates in Alexandria
Alexandria residential electric rates are highest in January and the highest average bill is in October.
Historical Electricity Rates:
Zips with electric coverage in Alexandria, Virginia include: 22304, 22314, 22312, 22206, 22311, 22305, 22302, 22301
Go Solar for as low as $0 down and $79/mo
Electricity Production in Alexandria city, Virginia
Power Plants in Alexandria city, Virginia
|Plant||City/County||State||Primary Fuel Type||Production (MWh)||Emission (kg)||Emissions per MWh||Toxic Chemical Release||Closing Date|
Covanta Alexandria/Arlington EnergyCovanta (100.00%)
|Alexandria||VA||Non-biogenic Municipal Solid Waste||147,744||308,495,461.1||2,088.04|
Alexandria city, Virginia Details
Emissions in Alexandria city average 6,246.59 kilograms of CO2 emissions per resident from electricity use, making them the 998th worst polluting county in the country based on emissions per capita. While not as telling of a statistic, the total pollution of the county from electricity consumption is 996,124,182.1 kilograms of CO2 emissions, which ranks as the 352nd highest amount in the nation. Non-biogenic Municipal Solid Waste is the primary fuel type in Alexandria city, with 55.00% of electricity generation coming from the fuel. Alexandria city has one power generation plant within its borders.
How many power plants are in Alexandria city, Virginia?
There is one power plant located in Alexandria city, Virginia
How many electric companies offer service in Alexandria city, Virginia?
There are 3 electricity suppliers serving consumers in Alexandria city, Virginia.
What electricity company is the largest provider in Alexandria city, Virginia?
By total megawatt hours sold, Dominion Energy is the largest electricity provider in Alexandria city, Virginia.