Electricity Providers in Washington, District of Columbia
Washington’s estimated population of 689,545 citizens makes it the largest city by population in the state.
Competition is rife in the deregulated electricity market of Washington. Customers can compare different companies who sell electricity to the homes and businesses in the area. This competition between electricity providers in Washington drives these companies to offer their customers competitive energy plans at the lowest available rates per kWh. Although this competition typically results in good-value electricity plans, there are also cases when dishonest energy companies resort to using questionable advertising and sketchy terms to attract new customers.
Avoid dishonest electricity providers like these with Find Energy. FindEnergy.com is a repository of energy information, and we have done the necessary research to help you make educated choices when buying a new energy plan. The Find Energy marketplace only features compelling electricity offerings from reputable electricity suppliers.
Be sure you’re getting the most compelling electricity plans in Washington, District of Columbia; enter your zip code. View some of our top picks for retail electric providers in this list.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Freepoint Energy Solutions
- Major Energy Electric Services
- WGL Energy
Washington, DC Residential Electricity Rates
Residential electricity prices in Washington, District of Columbia are at an average of 14.82 cents per kilowatt-hour. As a point of comparison: the state of District of Columbia’s current average electricity rate is priced at 12.45 cents for every kilowatt-hour, and the US average electricity rate is priced at 14.11 cents per kilowatt-hour.
Citizens in Washington receive an average monthly electricity bill of $143.55. You can put this side-by-side to both the statewide and countrywide monthly energy bills that currently average $80.26 and $125.95 respectively.
Your electricity bills tend to vary from these averages depending on your monthly energy consumption. This can be confusing if you aren't totally clear on how your average energy consumption relates to the terms of your electricity plan.
By only showing plans with a TOS, we eliminate the confusion many consumers suffer. You can look up important energy information in the Terms of Service (TOS) of your energy plan. Reading the Terms of Service will enable you to make a more straightforward comparison between your electricity plan and the different electricity offerings from various electricity companies.
Find Energy has already compiled TOS highlights on the various energy plans available in your area. Easily look up valuable energy information using our online marketplace, including the conditions, terms, and price of the most attractive energy plans available in your area.
Let’s get the ball rolling on your new energy plan—head over to the Find Energy website and fill in your zip code. Shop for the most competitive residential energy plans in the Washington area using our website.
FindEnergy.com has taken the initiative of gathering the most compelling residential electricity plans available to Washington homeowners; check them out in this list below.
Washington, District of Columbia Residential Electricity Plans
Washington, DC Commercial Electricity Rates
Business owners in Washington pay an average of 13.09 cents per kWh for their commercial electricity. As a point of comparison: District of Columbia’s average electricity rate is priced at 14.25 cents for every kilowatt-hour, and the nationwide average electricity rate is priced at 11.16 cents for every kWh.
Washington business owners spend $4,005.1 on average on their energy bill per month. To put it into context, the state monthly energy bill averages $926.91, and the national monthly electricity bill currently averages $607.57.
Not many companies can run operations without the usage of electricity. On average, a business consumes around 12x more electricity than an apartment or house. If your business is at or above this average electricity usage then it is all the more critical to make sure you secure the best electricity rate out there. Savings of a cent or two per kilowatt hour can compound into substantial annual savings.
If you're spending upwards of $3,000 each month on electricity, FindEnergy.com can help you acquire customized prices from reputable Washington electricity companies.
Buy your company's new energy plan through our online marketplace to potentially decrease your electricity bill by 25%.
Take out the guesswork when buying your new energy plan; get updated electricity information on the most competitive business electricity plans available in the Washington area using our marketplace. Purchasing a new commercial energy plan has never been easier—enter your zip code to benefit from our marketplace.
Below, you can find some of the most competitive commercial electricity plans in your location.
Washington, District of Columbia Commercial Electricity Plans
Here are a few reasons why you should compare your current rate against the market prices available in Washington:
- No surprises except the amount of money you will save - Fixed rate plans enable users secure rates for extended periods of time. They also empower your company to predict expenses without the worry of possible massive price increases that come with variable rate plans.
- Your power won't be cut off during the switching process - No service disruptions will occur when switching providers. Your team won't notice any differences at any point during the switching process.
- The whole process takes just a few minutes of your time - Our hope is to quickly and effectively help your business to save money in the long run. We've created our shopping experience to be as painless for you as possible. Simply your information. Once you confirm your account with us, our staff will take care of the rest of the switching process. Find Energy will make certain that your establishment is getting only the lowest plans from the best electricity suppliers in Washington.
- We will handle the entire switching process - For organizations not currently in a contract with a provider, you don't need to wait on hold. Find Energy can easily take over and take care of the switching process for you. Even if you are under contract, or are not sure if you are, we can likely we can still save you money.
- No obligation to buy into a new plan - Not convinced with the quote you received after you submit your information? No problem. There is zero obligation to make the transition. It is entirely your call whether to sign up for a new rate. This, of course, is what makes it all the more important for Find Energy to get you the best pricing rate that you can't refuse!
Find Energy is committed to getting you the best options in Washington. To get started, all you have to do is just enter your zip code and answer a few questions.
Washington, DC Utility Company
The chief utility provider in Washington, District of Columbia is Potomac Electric Power Company. You can contact Potomac Electric Power Company if you're experiencing frequent power failures or any other problems, regardless of where you're purchasing your electricity from.
Washington, District of Columbia Electricity Rates Over Time
Find the best plan for your needs
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Washington, DC