Electricity Providers in Worcester, Massachusetts
Worcester is home to the 2nd largest population in Massachusetts, with 206,518 citizens currently residing there. Choices are present for Worcester citizens when it comes to who they acquire their electricity from. This is because the area operates as a deregulated electricity market. One drawback to deregulation is that when there is money to be made, there is often the chance of misleading rates and plans. We have created an easy way to avoid plans like these. Our marketplace is populated with rates with clear terms.
Consumers in Worcester will receive service from both a utility company, who handles the delivery of electricity, and a Retail Electric Provider (REP), who procures the electricity for the end user. You probably don't have a choice when it comes to who your utility company is, because it is determined by who owns the electricity infrastructure that services your home or business. You can, however, have options to choose from the various REPs that service your area. Customers may decide between 10 individual REPs who provide electricity coverage in Worcester. The top companies who operate in Worcester are shown below.
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- First Point Power
- Hudson Energy
- Major Energy Electric Services
- National Gas & Electric
- NextEra Energy
- SFE Energy
- Verde Energy
Worcester, MA Electricity Rates & Bills
Electricity rates are not always easy to comprehend on electricity plans in Worcester. The rate information on plans on our website have been screened by our team. We are sure you will be able to easily comprehend them and have accurate expectations of what you will pay per kilowatt-hour on electricity bills. We recommend that consumers look at the terms and conditions in advance of making the decision to buy a plan. The terms and conditions document makes it plain and simple what to look for once your new, lower, electricity bills start arriving.
Below we present the live trends and historical statistics for electricity prices in Worcester.
Worcester, Massachusetts Electricity Price Trends
Worcester, MA Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Worcester, Massachusetts
- The average rate per kilowatt-hour for residential electricity in Worcester is 25.21 cents, while the Massachusetts average is 23.36 cents and the nationwide average is 13.67 cents.
- Worcester's average monthly residential electricity bill is $148.54. The average for the state of Massachusetts is $136.11 and for the US is 120.98.
- Worcester's average commercial electricity price is 17.10 cents per kilowatt-hour. For comparison, the Massachusetts state average is 17.74 cents and the US average is 10.73 cents.
- Worcester businesses pay an average monthly commercial electricity bill of $3,246.56. For comparison, Massachusetts businesses as a whole pay $377.38 per month and the countrywide average is 578.13.
Worcester, MA Commercial Electricity
Obtaining an electricity plan for your company should be a top priority. Whether electricity is a large or small part of your monthly overhead, the small commitment it takes to find a more competitive rate will probably end up being the best use of your time today dollar wise. We've made the process easy for companies to make use of. It's really common to overlook the reality that a price reduction of a few cents could reduce costs by hundreds or thousands of dollars in a given month. Whether you are electricity intensive mining operations or a locally owned pet groomer, we can assure you that there is money to be saved on your usual electricity expenses.
To help save our consumers the most money possible, we feature plans that offer some of the most attractive business prices available in the area. For organizations with monthly bills of a few thousand dollars or more, we can forward your account to service providers. These suppliers will bid against each other. These personalized pricing plans often make way for considerable savings. Many companies often end up paying more than they should on their monthly electricity expenses just because they refuse look into more compelling electricity rates available in the deregulated market.
Find the best plan for your needs
Consider the following facts when deciding whether shopping for a custom business electricity rate is worth the energy:
- No unnecessary surprises besides the amount of money you'll save - Fixed rate plans help users secure rates for extended periods of time. They also allow your organization to forecast expenses with zero worries of potential massive price increases that come with variable rate plans.
- Your electricity service will not stop during the switching process - No service disruptions will take place when changing providers. Your customers and employees will not notice any changes during the changeover.
- The whole experience takes just minutes - Our shopping process is specifically designed to be straightforward and convenient for consumers. Just submit your information. Once accomplished, we'll take the reins and handle the hard parts. Our goal is to make certain we get your business the best deals available.
- No need to call your existing electric service provider - Find Energy handles the entire transition if you are not under contract. Once you submit your information, the next step is to allow Find Energy to help you enjoy the most attractive plan for your business. You will see a reduced electricity bill for years to come. And even if you are under contract, Find Energy can still assist you in finding and switching to a lower pricing plan.
- No commitment to purchase a new plan - If you aren't convinced with the plans you get after entering your information, or if you change your mind for some other reason, know that there isn't any obligation to go though with the transition. Just let us know that you have had a change of mind, and you will continue on with your existing service.
Shopping for a new rate with Find Energy is hassle-free. Just type in your zip code to get access to the best priced deals in Massachusetts. From our experience, most companies who use our online marketplace will save between 15% and 25% on their electricity expenses.
Worcester, MA's Utility Company is Unitil
Unitil is the biggest electric utility company in your city. In the event of a blackout, this is the number you must reach out to. Reporting a power interruption to Unitil is very easy and quite simple. You can do it online through Unitil's website at website, or over their emergency line at (888) 301-7700.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Worcester, MA