Electricity Providers in Portland, Maine
Portland has 68,408 inhabitants and is in Cumberland County, ME. Customers in Portland can choose who they buy their home or business' electricity from since the area is a deregulated electricity market. This opportunity to choose is a positive, the sales tactics of some providers can be deceptive or confusing. Find Energy has spent a lot of effort to ensure these types of suppliers and plans aren't in our marketplace, leaving only high quality companies with clear rates and terms.
A utility company takes care of the delivery of your electricity while a Retail Electric Provider (REP) is responsible for the sale of electricity to the customer. While customers may have no choice in their utility company, the point of a deregulated market is to give an abundance of choices when it comes to obtaining their electricity from an REP. Customer choice creates competition, as there are currently 5 REPs operating in Portland. Below you can browse a list of the most reliable suppliers who provide electricity in the Portland area.
Portland, ME Electricity Rates & Bills
Being perplexed by an electricity rate advertised on a plan in Portland happens more often than you might think. To solve this, we feature plans with easy to understand terms on our website. Reading the information in the terms and conditions is essential in advance of you purchase a plan. The terms and conditions document is an important source of information and will assist you in understanding exactly what you will encounter with any electricity plan. If you are not able to see a terms and conditions document, don't purchase the plan.
See below for price tendencies and historical pricing information.
Portland, Maine Electricity Price Trends
Portland, ME Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Portland, Maine
- The residential electricity prices in Portland are at present 19.32 cents per kilowatt-hour. The, while the state average is 17.88 and the US average is 13.67.
- Portland citizens average a residential electricity bill of $112.49 each month. The average in the state is $108.14 per month and the average in the US is 120.98 per month.
- The average price per kilowatt-hour for commercial electricity in Portland is 13.42 cents, while the state average is 14.83 cents and the national average is 10.73 cents.
- Portland businesses pay an average monthly commercial electricity bill of $4,108.93. For comparison, Maine businesses average $276.44 per month and the nationwide average is 578.13.
Portland, ME Commercial Electricity
Don't cost your business money by not taking advantage of our business electricity comparison tool. Business managers can spend a minimal amount of time to begin the comparison process and our team can handle the heavy lifting! Even minimal reductions in electricity rates may save your establishment a lot of money on monthly expenses. Any sized establishment can make the most out of this type of savings. With our quick comparison process, all you need to do is compare if your current rate can be topped.
Find Energy features some of the most sensible electricity prices available so that our business users know they are buying the lowest rate there is. If your establishment has a monthly bill that amounts to a few thousand dollars or more, our team can forward a request for personalized pricing to different providers based in Portland, so that they can bid on your business.. These personalized pricing offers usually make way for sizeable savings. Don't leave money on the table by missing out on the most value-driven electricity plans available in Portland.
Find the best plan for your needs
If you are on the fence about shopping for deregulated electricity rates, the following are a few key considerations you may want to keep in mind:
- Your establishment may save thousands via a fixed-rate plan - Almost every single plan on our marketplace is a fixed rate plan, as it is our opinion that these types of electricity plans are best for many people. Fixed rate plans enable consumers to know just how much they will pay per kilowatt-hour each month and provide them the ability to secure the most attractive rates in the market, even when the price of electricity skyrockets.
- The switching process is seamless as there is no service interruptions - Once you secure a brand new plan, you get a bill with your new electricity supplier's name on it. Your utility company doesn't change and electricity keeps flowing the entire time.
- You'll save money without wasting time - Once you submit your information, Find Energy will take care of all of the work for you. Depending on the size of your establishment, we will show you the lowest available rates in your location. For companies with a large enough bill, we will also start the process to receive custom pricing from the the most reliable electricity service providers serving your location.
- No need to call your existing electric supplier - There is no need for a “break up” call with your existing supplier if you are not under contract. If you haven't signed a contract with an electricity supplier, the entire process can be handled by our staff. If you're not sure, however, we can confirm it for you as well. If you are under contract, we still may be able to save you money, so contact us!
- Free quotations without obligation - Shop. Review your options. And allow Find Energy to get you the most attractive plans for your company. It doesn't get any more straightforward than that! If you don't like the prices you receive from Find Energy, then you don't have to do anything. You canjust remain on with your current service. Only switch if it makes sense.
Find Energy is committed to finding you the best deals in your area. To get started, just enter your zip code and answer the following questions. After this short and thorough process, you will notice your company's monthly electricity bills drop as much as 15% to 25%.
Portland, ME's Utility Company is Central Maine Power
Central Maine Power is the chief utility company serving Portland. Losing power in your area can be distressing. Make sure to get a hold of your electric utility company to report any electricity interruptions. Reporting a blackout to Central Maine Power is easy and rather straightforward. You can do it via the internet through Central Maine Power's website at website, or via the phone at (800) 696-1000.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Portland, ME