Electricity Providers in New York, New York
About 8,736,047 residents regard New York as home, which makes the city the most populous city in the state of New York.
There is an extremely competitive deregulated electricity market in New York, with electricity companies vying for business. This competition among New York energy companies has made competitive power plans available to New York residents for lower rates. However, consumers should be wary of fly-by-night energy suppliers who employ questionable advertising and purposefully false plan terms to get ahead of their rival companies.
You can use FindEnergy.com to avoid these types of fraudulent energy suppliers. There are various electricity suppliers in the New York area; you can learn more about them on the Find Energy marketplace. Our website has collaborated with reputable energy suppliers to give you the most competitive energy plans available in New York.
Fill in your zip code to start saving on your energy bill immediately. Or you can view our most trusted retail electric providers in the list below.
New York, NY Residential Electricity Rates
The average price of residential electricity in New York is 27.78 cents for every kilowatt-hour. Put this side-by-side to the state’s current average electricity rate of 20.69 cents for every kilowatt-hour, and the national average electricity rate of 14.84 cents for every kWh.
The average monthly electricity bill that residents pay in the New York area is $154.26. Compare this to the $132.53 statewide monthly electricity bill average and the $131.84 countrywide monthly electricity bill average.
Your electricity expenses may be substantially different from the averages listed above depending on the amount of electricity you consume every month. Energy plans aren’t so cut-and-dry, and the correlation between monthly kWh usage levels and particular energy rates is one that leaves a lot of consumers confused.
We eliminate this confusion by only including plans with an easy to understand TOSs on our website. You can find out essential information about your energy plan in the Terms of Service (TOS). Reading the Terms of Service will help you achieve a more thorough knowledge of the terms, conditions, and price information of your energy plan.
Our team at Find Energy has read through stacks of TOSs and has compiled TOS highlights on the many different energy offerings available in your area. Our company is keen on helping New York residents make the right energy decisions; our website provides crucial energy information, including the conditions, terms, and prices of the most compelling energy plans available to you, as well as the most prominent energy suppliers that serve New York, New York.
Get the best electricity plan available in the New York area—enter your zip code. Our company is committed to helping residents in New York, New York look for the best-value residential electricity plans from only the most reputable energy companies in New York, New York.
Here is a shortlist of the most attractive residential electricity plans you can get in New York, New York.
New York, New York Residential Electricity Plans
New York, NY Commercial Electricity Rates
New York, New York entrepreneurs pay an average rate of 20.98 cents for every kWh for their business electricity. Current statewide and countrywide average is priced at 19.81 cents for every kWh and 11.93 cents for every kWh respectively.
New York, New York business owners pay $2,268.31 for their electricity every month, on average. You can compare this to the state monthly electricity bill, which averages $570.25; as well as the countrywide monthly energy bill, which averages $651.89.
Electricity is significantly relied upon in most industries in the US. Commercial electricity accounts regularly use significantly higher quantities of electricity than residential properties. With this average, It isn't hard to see how electricity costs can play quite a substantial role in a company's success. Committing some time now on reducing your electricity cost could result in savings for the entirety of your contract.
If you're in New York, New York and you run a company that consistently gets a monthly energy bill of more than $3,000, FindEnergy.com can request our partner providers in the area to get you customized pricing rates for your company.
In our experience, New York area businesses that purchase a new electricity plan through our marketplace can reduce their monthly electricity bill by 15% to 25%.
Our marketplace offers the best business electricity plans in your location. Get the best commercial electricity plan available in New York, New York—type in your zip code.
Here's a list of some of the most competitive commercial energy plans in your area.
New York, New York Commercial Electricity Plans
If you are on the fence about shopping for deregulated electricity rates, the following are a few key considerations you may want to keep in mind:
- Fixed-rate plans equal no surprises - Nearly every single plan on our marketplace is a fixed rate plan, as our experience tells us that these types of plans are best for many people. Fixed rate plans enable consumers to know exactly what they will be spending per kilowatt-hour each month and provide them the opportunity to secure the most attractive rates in the market, even when the price of electricity rises.
- Switching electricity companies doesn't result in a power interruption - Power never stops flowing to your establishment if you are already receiving service. In fact, about the only change you will notice is the reduced number on your new bill.
- You'll save a considerable amount of money in the long-term without wasting time - Our hope is to seamlessly and effectively help your company to save money as soon as possible. We've built our shopping experience to be as hands free for you as possible. All you need to do is your information. After you confirm your account with us, Find Energy will take care of the remainder of the switching process. Find Energy will make certain that your establishment is enjoying only the best deals from the best electricity suppliers on the market.
- Find Energy will take charge of the transition - There isn't any need for a “break up” call with your existing supplier if you are not under contract. If you haven't signed a contract with an electricity supplier, the entire switching process can be handled by Find Energy. If you aren't sure, however, our team can confirm it for you too. If you are under contract, we may still be able to find a way to save you money, so contact us!
- There's no commitment to purchase - Shop. See your options. And allow Find Energy to get you the best plans for your company. It doesn't get any simpler than that! If you are not convinced by the prices you receive from us, then you don't have to do anything. You cansimply continue on with your current service. Only make the switch if it makes sense.
Find Energy is dedicated to getting you the best options in New York. To start saving on your monthly electricity expenses, just enter your zip code and answer the following questions.
New York, NY Utility Company
As the primary utility provider in New York, the transmission of electricity is handled by Con Edison. Citizens of New York, New York can report power interruptions or any other concerns to Con Edison.
If you want to contact Con Edison, you can do so at (800) 752-6633. Alternatively, you can get a hold of Con Edison here.
New York, New York Electricity Rates Over Time
Find the best plan for your needs
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in New York, NY