Electricity Providers in Greenbelt, Maryland
Greenbelt has a total population of 24,921 citizens and is the 59th largest city in the state. Competition is rife in the deregulated electricity market of Greenbelt. Customers are able to compare different suppliers who sell the electricity to the area. Consumer choice comes at a price though. Consumers are often met with confusing plan terms that they are forced to traverse. Find Energy is here to help weed out companies without a proven track record and connect consumers to providers with great prices and quality advertising practices.
In deregulated markets, utility companies handle the upkeep of power lines and electricity distribution and Retail Electric Providers (REPs) handle the purchasing process of electricity for customers. Utility companies have per-determined service addresses and consumers are not able to pick which utility provides them service. However, consumers can pick between the available REPs in their county for the procuring of electricity. It could be easy to land in the analysis paralysis cyclewhen you consider there are 12 REPs doing business in Greenbelt. To assist consumers with their decision we have displayed a few of the top companies of commercial and residential electricity below.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Freepoint Energy Solutions
- Hudson Energy
- Marathon Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- NextEra Energy
- SFE Energy
- WGL Energy
Greenbelt, MD Electricity Rates & Bills
Electricity rates can commonly vary based on usage. This can be quite perplexing if you aren't completely clear on your plan's terms and your average electricity use. We pride ourselves on having a marketplace featuring plans with terms and conditions that are easily understandable to everyone. Reading the terms and conditions is essential before purchasing to guarantee that you fully understand the plan. The terms and conditions document has important information, like rate details and how much you can anticipate paying when you consider your actual usage.
Below we have compiled the current electricity price trends in Greenbelt.
Greenbelt, Maryland Electricity Price Trends
Greenbelt, MD Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Greenbelt, Maryland
- The average rate per kilowatt-hour for residential electricity in Greenbelt is 18.01 cents. The Maryland average is 13.05 cents and the countrywide average is 13.67 cents.
- The average residential monthly electricity bill in the city is $155.38, while the state average is $122.98 and the national average is 120.98
- Greenbelt's current average commercial electricity rate is 13.40 cents per kilowatt-hour. For comparison, the Maryland average is 12.82 cents and the countrywide average is 10.73 cents.
- Greenbelt businesses average a monthly commercial electricity expensel of $2,126.44. The average in Maryland is $437.55 and the average in the country is 578.13.
Greenbelt, MD Commercial Electricity
Most business owners overlook the importance of having a competitive electricity rate. No matter your industry, it is likely that electricity is a large part of your overhead expenses. The Find Energy shopping marketplace is simple to use and our team takes care of| most of the legwork so you are not using up your valuable time. This is our business, we will handle it while you handle yours. Acquiring an electricity plan with a slightly better rate could add up to your business saving substantially more of its hard earned money than it is now. All sorts of establishments, from small hardware stores to large department stores , should be trying to make the most out of the chance to check their current electricity rate with what is available on the market.
In order to save our consumers the most money possible, we feature plans that provide some of the most sensible business rates available in the area. There may be even more opportunity to save, if your company is spending $3000 or more a month on electricity. Our team can request a custom quote from every electricity service provider in Greenbelt. Personalized pricing allows you to enjoy the best rate possible for your organization. If you are not making the most out of the deregulated market, then you are simply enabling your company to miss out on sizeable savings.
Find the best plan for your needs
Here are a few reasons why you should check your current rate against the deregulated market plans available in Greenbelt:
- Your business may save thousands by buying a fixed-rate plan - Fixed rate plans enable consumers secure rates for extended periods of time. They also allow your business to foresee overheads with zero worries of potential exponential price increases that are common with variable rate plans.
- The switching process is seamless as there is zero service interruptions - Your business will not experience any electricity service interruptions at any time during the changeover. In fact, the only difference you will see is the much lower rate on your new monthly bill!
- Fast, easy, and painless - All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes submitting your information with Find Energy. After that is done, our staff at Find Energy will take care of the heavy lifting. You will lock in a brand new electricity plan and spend virtually no time.
- No calls to your current electricity provider necessary - There is no need to contact your current supplier if you are not under contract. Oftentimes, this remains just as true even if you are under contract. Find Energy takes care of the communication with the electricity service providers. At the end of the day, we will provide you with the best plans currently available on the market.
- Free quotations without obligation - If you don't favor the rates you receive after entering your information, or if you change your mind for some other reason, know that there isn't any obligation to move forward with the switching process. Just let us know that you have had a change of mind, and you will remain on with your existing service.
If you're ready for your establishment to begin saving on electricity expenses asap, then just type in your zip code on this page and answer these few easy questions. We will start recommending you the best options as quickly as possible! Purchasing through Find Energy leads to companies saving between 15% and 25% on their monthly electricity expenses.
Greenbelt, MD's Utility Company is Potomac Electric Power Company
Potomac Electric Power Company is in charge of providing utility services for the Greenbelt area. In the event that your neighborhood or company loses electricity, you must report this incident directly to your utility company. In case of a blackout, you can get in touch with Potomac Electric Power Company at (202) 833-7500, or you can report a blackout via the internet using website.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Greenbelt, MD