Electricity Providers in Jersey City, New Jersey
Jersey City has a total population of 292,449 residents—the 2nd largest population in the state. In Jersey City, customers can decide between multiple electricity providers for their electricity needs. This is known as a deregulated electricity market. Consumer choice comes at a price. Consumers are often faced with misleading or confusing sales tactics that they are forced to sift through. Our marketplace doesn't feature providers and plans that were created to cause confusion and mislead consumers. You can expect find reputable brands and plans with simple terms.
Consumers in Jersey City will receive service from both a utility company, who handles the delivery of electricity, and a Retail Electric Provider (REP), who procures the electricity for the consumer. While customers may have no choice in their utility company, the goal of a deregulated market is to give plenty of options when it comes to purchasing their electricity from an REP. Jersey City has 14 REPs with electricity for sale to residents of the city, which makes for a lot of decisions for consumers shopping for electricity. A few of our favorite companies who sell electricity in Jersey City are shown below.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Freepoint Energy Solutions
- Just Energy
- Major Energy Electric Services
- Marathon Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- NextEra Energy
- SFE Energy
- US Gas & Electric
- Verde Energy
Jersey City, NJ Electricity Rates & Bills
Being perplexed by an electricity rate advertised on a plan in Jersey City is a regular occurrence. To combat this, we only show plans with understandable terms in our marketplace. We highly encourage taking a look at the terms and conditions on any plan before purchasing it. You can locate electricity price and plan conditions and terms in the terms and conditions document to simply spell out what to anticipate from your new plan.
See below for up to date rate trends and historical rates that have been seen in Jersey City.
Jersey City, New Jersey Electricity Price Trends
Jersey City, NJ Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Jersey City, New Jersey
- Jersey City's current average residential electricity rate is 18.11 cents per kilowatt-hour. For comparison, the New Jersey state average is 16.24 cents and the US average is 13.67 cents.
- Jersey City citizens, on average, pay a monthly electricity bill of $268.88. The state of New Jersey averages $107.17 per residence per month and the US average is 120.98 per month.
- The average price per kilowatt-hour for commercial electricity in Jersey City is 15.06 cents, while the state average is 13.10 cents and the national average is 10.73 cents.
- Jersey City businesses, on average, spend $3,768.14 a month on their electricity bill. The state of New Jersey averages $371.62 per residence per month and the US average is 578.13 per month.
Jersey City, NJ Commercial Electricity
With the ability to significantly save on your electricity bill just moments away, don't leave your company in a disadvantaged situation by having higher than needed monthly bills. Our shopping process is simple to use and our team takes care of| most of the heavy lifting so you are not spending your time. This is our business, we will handle it while you handle yours. Even a minimal discount per kilowatt-hour can add up to hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars per month being saved by your company. All sorts of businesses, from locally owned bakeries to electricity intensive factories , should be trying to take advantage of the chance to compare their current electricity rate with what is accessible on the market.
Here at Find Energy, we are dedicated to presenting competitive commercial electricity plans from all of the biggest and most trusted electricity suppliers who operate in the Jersey City area. For certain sized companies with monthly electricity expenses above $3000, we can get the electricity service providers in Jersey City to compete for your business. Our people at Find Energy help you make sure that your business is connected to only the most trustworthy electricity companies that provide the lowest rate possible. Many businesses end up spending more than they should on their monthly electricity bills just because they don't bother to look into more compelling electricity plans available in the deregulated market.
Find the best plan for your needs
If you are on the fence about whether you should try this, here are a few important facts you might want to consider:
- Fixed-rate plans may ensure savings for years to come - Buying a low fixed rate allows establishments to save now and project their monthly electricity bills with a high level of accuracy.
- No power interruptions during the switching period - No electricity service disruptions will occur when changing suppliers. Your customers and employees will not see any changes during the switching process.
- The whole switching process takes a few minutes - Once you fill out your information, our team will take care of all of the work for you. Relative to the size of your establishment, we will find you the most attractive available rates in your area. For companies with a large enough bill, we will start the process to receive custom pricing from the the most reliable electricity providers serving your location.
- No calls to your current electricity service company required - There is no need to get in touch your current provider if you are not under contract. Oftentimes, this is just as true even if you are in contract. Find Energy takes care of the communication with the electricity service providers. At the end of the day, Find Energy will provide you with the most attractive deals currently available in your area.
- No commitment to sign with a new plan - If you don't favor the quotes you get after submitting your information, or if you change your mind for some other reason, know that there isn't any obligation to move forward with the switching process. Just let us know that you have had a change of mind, and you will continue on with your existing service.
Purchasing a better electricity deal with Find Energy is straightforward. Just enter your zip code to get quotes on the best priced deals in Jersey City. We are confident that most businesses who purchase through Find Energy can save between 15% and 25% on their bill.
Jersey City, NJ's Utility Company is PSEG
PSEG is the chief utility company serving Jersey City. This is necessary for residents to be familiar with. After all, this is the company you should call in case of an electrical outage. If you experience an outage, you must contact your utility company directly.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Jersey City, NJ