Electricity Providers in Trenton, New Jersey
Trenton encompasses approximately 8.2 square miles in Mercer County, NJ. This size makes the city the 50th largest city in New Jersey by square miles. The Trenton area is a deregulated electricity market, this means that consumers have the power to choose between multiple suppliers when deciding who they procure their electricity from. One downside to deregulation is that where there is money to be made, there is often the opportunity for deceptive or confusing sales tactics. Here at Find Energy, we have built a website where consumers can shop and purchase electricity plans with trust in the suppliers that we list.
In Trenton, you will need both a utility company and a Retail Electric Provider (REP). The utility company owns the power lines and handles the transmission of electricity (call your utility during a loss of service), while the REP is your electricity provider whom you will procure your electricity from. Customers can choose their REP, but there is only one choice for your utility company as it is based on who manages the power infrastructure where your property is located. Consumer choice creates competition, as there are 14 REPs selling electricity in Trenton. Below is a list of the leading suppliers serving commercial and residential electricity in the area, all of whom you can find rates for in the Find Energy marketplace.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Freepoint Energy Solutions
- Just Energy
- Major Energy Electric Services
- Marathon Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- NextEra Energy
- SFE Energy
- US Gas & Electric
- Verde Energy
Trenton, NJ Electricity Rates & Bills
It is common for electricity suppliers to have convoluted terms and conditions for their electricity plans, making it difficult for customers to effectively shop and compare these plans. We make it our job to show you plans and providers with clearly spelled out price information and terms. Looking over the terms and conditions in advance of purchasing an electricity plan in Trenton will save you a lot of headache in the long run. Your usage can affect your rate and reading the terms and conditions document in advance of purchasing a plan will assist in ensuring you know what to plan for.
Electricity price patterns for Trenton are available below.
Trenton, New Jersey Electricity Price Trends
Trenton, NJ Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Trenton, New Jersey
- The residential electricity rates in Trenton currently average 18.11 cents per kilowatt-hour. The average for the state of New Jersey is 16.24 cents and for the US is 13.67 cents.
- Trenton residents spend on average $268.88 for electricity each month. In comparison, New Jersey residents as a whole pay $107.17 per month and the US average is 120.98.
- The commercial electricity rates in Trenton presently average 15.05 cents per kilowatt-hour. The average for New Jersey is 13.10 cents and for the nation is 10.73 cents.
- Trenton businesses average a monthly commercial electricity expensel of $3,761.84. The average in New Jersey is $371.62 per month and the average in the nation is 578.13.
Trenton, NJ Commercial Electricity
Don't cost your business money by not shopping around in our business electricity comparison tool. We have gone above and beyond to make this comparison process as easy as possible. Helping to save you both money and time. Small reductions of a penny, or even a fraction of a penny, per kilowatt-hour don't seem like much, this can often equal enormous savings each month. All sorts of organizations, from locally owned doctor's offices to large office buildings , should be trying to make the most out of the chance to compare their current electricity rate with what is most attractive on the market.
Our Team is dedicated to providing competitive commercial electricity prices from the biggest and most trusted electricity service providers who are based in the Trenton area. For certain sized companies with monthly electricity expenses exceeding a few thousand dollars, we can get the electricity service providers in Trenton to compete for your business. A personalized electricity rate typically comes with significant long-term savings to the business. If you are not making the most out of the deregulated market, then you are fundamentally allowing your business to lose out on significant savings.
Find the best plan for your needs
If you are wondering whether you should try this, the following are a number of facts to consider:
- Your company may save substantial amounts using a fixed-rate plan - Securing a low fixed rate allows establishments to save now and project their future electricity bills with great predictability.
- The switching process is unnoticeable as there is zero service interruptions - Power keeps flowing to your company if you already have service. The only change you will notice is the lower rate on your new bill.
- The entire experience takes just a couple of minutes of your time - After you submit your organization's information, our team will take care of all of the work for you. Relative to the size of your establishment, we will get you the lowest available rates in your location. If your electricity bill is large enough, our team will receive personalized rates from the the best electricity companies serving your location.
- No need to call your existing supplier - For organizations not currently in a contract with a provider, you don't need to sit on hold. Find Energy can easily take the reins and take care of the transition on your behalf. Even if you are under contract, or are not sure if you are, it is very likely we can save you money.
- Shop for lower prices with no obligation - Underwhelmed by the plan you received after you submit your information? No problem. There is absolutely no obligation to make the switch. It is completely up to you if you want to sign up for a new deal. This, of course, is what drives us to find you the best deal that you can't say no to!
If you're ready for your establishment to begin cutting back on electricity expenses as soon as possible, all you have to do is enter your zip code on this page and answer these few easy questions. Find Energy will start getting you the lowest electricity prices right away! After using Find Energy to purchase your new rate, you will see your establishment's electricity bills drop as much as 15% to 25%.
Trenton, NJ's Utility Company is PSEG
The chief utility company in charge of delivering electricity to your area is PSEG. In the event of a blackout, this is the company you should reach out to. If you experience an outage, you must contact your utility company directly.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Trenton, NJ