Electricity Providers in Union City, New Jersey
Approximately 68,589 residents call Union City home. This make the city the 13th largest by population in the state. Options exist for Union City citizens when it comes to who they buy their electricity from. This is because the city has a deregulated electricity market. The ability to choose is a positive, however it is imperative to understand the messaging of the advertising messages and confusing plan terms that are used by many of these electricity companies. Our marketplace was created to help you find an electricity plan from a reputable company that has simple terms and no misleading marketing.
In a deregulated market, a Retail Electric Provider (REP) will handle the procurement of electricity for the customer and a utility company will handle the transmission of electricity. While consumers may have no choice in their utility company, the purpose of a deregulated market is to provide customers plenty of choices when it comes to procuring their electricity from an REP. Customer options breed competition, as there are currently 14 REPs selling electricity in Union City. To help, we've created a quick list of the top providers serving commercial and residential electricity in Union City.
- AEP Energy
- Constellation Energy
- Direct Energy
- Freepoint Energy Solutions
- Just Energy
- Major Energy Electric Services
- Marathon Energy
- National Gas & Electric
- NextEra Energy
- SFE Energy
- US Gas & Electric
- Verde Energy
Union City, NJ Electricity Rates & Bills
Determining the actual terms of most plans for sale in Union City is no easy task. Our intent is to have suppliers and plans in our marketplace that attempt to clearly explain what you should expect to spend. We recommend that consumers look at the terms and conditions before making the decision to buy a plan. Usage and additional factors can affect your rate. The terms and conditions document will spell out what that may look like in a clear manner.
Electricity rate patterns in Union City are accessible below.
Union City, New Jersey Electricity Price Trends
Union City, NJ Electricity Rates Over Time
Current Average Rates, Consumption & Bill Amounts in Union City, New Jersey
- Union City's average residential electricity rate is 18.11 cents per kilowatt-hour. For comparison, the New Jersey state average is 16.24 cents and the US average is 13.67 cents.
- Union City residents pay an average monthly residential electricity bill of $268.88. For comparison, state residents as a whole pay $107.17 per month and the countrywide average is 120.98.
- The commercial electricity rates in Union City are at present15.05 cents per kilowatt-hour, while the state average is 13.10 and the US average is 10.73.
- Union City businesses spend an average monthly commercial electricity expense of $3,754.73. New Jersey businesses as a whole pay $371.62 per month and the countrywide average is 578.13.
Union City, NJ Commercial Electricity
Not looking into the competitive electricity rates in deregulated markets like Union City is a misstep that is often made by small businesses. Don't make this mistake! We have created a process that is very easy for business managers to take advantage of. Even a small discount per kilowatt-hour can equal up to hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars per month being saved by your business. Regardless of whether you are department stores or a hardware store, you can make the most out of electric companies trying to outbid one another to win your business.
We have partnered with the most reliable service providers in the market so that we can give genuinely valuable plans to our business users. If your organization has a monthly bill of a few thousand dollars or more, Find Energy can submit your account to the various electricity suppliers in your area. They will then give you a personalized plan. It is your business that benefits the most when electricity companies try to compete against each other in giving you the lowest rate on the market. Many establishments often end up paying more than they should on their monthly electricity expenses just because they don't bother to look into lower electricity rates available in the deregulated market.
Find the best plan for your needs
Here are a few reasons why you should at least check your current plan against personalized business electricity rates:
- Fixed-rate plans can lock in savings for years to come - Securing a low fixed rate enables establishments to save now and project their annual electricity expenses with a high level of certainty.
- No power interruptions during the switching period - There is zero need to concern yourself with a loss of electricity during the switching process since your utility will continue providing power. The only difference you will notice is the lower number on your new monthly bill!
- Instant, straightforward, and painless - All you need to do is take a couple of minutes filling out your information with Find Energy. After that is done, we will take care of the heavy lifting. You will lock in a brand new electricity plan and spend virtually no time at all.
- Find Energy will take charge of the entire switching process - There is no need for a “break up” call with your existing provider if you are not under contract. If you haven't signed a contract with an electricity service company, the entire transition can be handled by Find Energy. If you aren't sure, however, Find Energy can confirm it for you too. If you are under contract, we still may be able to save you money, so submit your info!
- Free quotes and no obligation - It doesn't matter if Find Energy has already spent the time getting a quote for your establishment. There is absolutely no obligation on your part to make the switch, unless you're impressed with the quotes you receive from us. We've created our process to be as risk free as possible for you and your company!
To begin saving on your electricity bill, the best way is to get the process started immediately. All you would need to do is to fill in your zip code on the page above and type in your answers to a few simple questions. Your information will make it possible for us to secure the best plans for you. After this short and thorough process, you could notice your establishment's monthly electricity bills drop as much as 15% to 25%.
Union City, NJ's Utility Company is PSEG
PSEG is the biggest utility company in your location. In case of a power disruption, this would be the number to reach out to. If you experience an outage, you must contact your utility company directly.
Shop Electricity Providers by Zip Code in Union City, NJ